Do you need equine liability insurance? If you board, breed, race, train, give riding instruction or conduct any kind of business related equine activity you need a Commercial Equine Liability Insurance policy.

A Commercial Equine Liability Insurance policy pays the damages for liability imposed upon you or your business by the law. It also pays the cost of defending you when a claim is made against your policy.


 Equine Liability Laws may help you provide a defense in the event of an equine incident but they will not prevent you from being sued. Homeowners and standard Farm owners policies exclude commercial equine activities. Without adequate liability coverage you will have to pay damages and defense costs yourself. If these damages and costs are high enough you may suffer financial hardship or bankruptcy. 


If you have employees you should carry workman’s compensation insurance as they are not covered under the general liability policy. You should also make sure that any independent contractors or vendors that work with you show proof of their own liability insurance and ask that you be named as an Additional Insured on their policy. This is especially true if they are an independent instructor or trainer working at your facility.


Care Custody & Control Exclusion
All Commercial General Liability policies contain an exclusion for property damage to property in the insured’s care custody and control. The policy states ” This insurance does not apply to: (h) property damage to (3) property in the care, custody or control of the insured or property as to which the insured is for any purpose exercising physical control”. 


This exclusion was designed to exclude coverage for damage to property that should be covered under insurance specifically designed for property, such as bailee insurance, fire insurance and so on. Further, the exclusion takes out of coverage risks that the drafters believed were the business risks that should be borne by the business persons themselves. This exclusion applies to a boarder’s horse and any tack or equipment they may leave at your premises.


♦ A+ rated insurance company

 ♦ Full Occurrence Liability Basis

 ♦ Up to $10 million liability limits

    ♦ Products/Completed Operations coverage

♦ Personal Injury & Advertising Liability

♦ No Liability Deductible

♦ Trainers Professional Liability

♦ $5,000 medical payments included.

♦ Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit

♦ Employees are named as Additional Insured.

♦ Extended coverage for Additional Insured.

♦ Independent contractors can be added to policy.

♦ Care, Custody & Control Liability Options

♦ Horse Show & Special Events coverage available

♦ Convenient payment options

Coverage is written on an full occurrence basis (not claims made) through a domestic, A rated insurance company and tailored to fit your specific stable operations and budget.  


 Arenas & Stadiums
 Auctions & Sales
 Boarding, Breeding, Training & Race Stables   Carriage & Wagon Rides
 Guest Ranches
 Therapeutic Riding 
 Equine Assisted Therapy  
 Farrier’s Insurance
 Guided Trail Rides
 Horse / Livestock Transport
 Horse Shows, Event & Clinics
 Outfitters & Guided Trail Rides
 Polo Clubs & Polo Grounds
 Pony Rides & Petting Zoo
 Riding Clubs & Associations
 Riding Instructor 
 Rodeo Events & Stock Contractors

Mortality, Major Medical & Surgical * Personal Horse Owners Liability * Commercial Equine Liability * Boarding * Breeding * Training * Race * Care, Custody & Control * Equestrian Schools * Riding Instructors * Saddle Animals For Hire * Trail Rides * Leasing * Sales * Pony Rides * Petting Zoos * Hay, Sleigh or Carriage Rides * Horse Clubs & Associations * Horse Shows, Events, Clinics * Equine Assisted Therapy * Therapeutic Riding * Trail & Endurance Rides * Equine Camp * Rodeo & Stock Contractors * Guides & Outfitters * Dude & Guest Ranches * Horse & Livestock Transport * Farrier Liability & Equine Service * Non Profit Organization * Farm & Ranch *  Truck/Horse Trailers & More