When your business is the target of a lawsuit, money isn’t the only thing that’s at stake. Your reputation is on the line, too.
If you own a horse farm, and need to protect your home and buildings, as well as cover your equine liability, our horse farm package provides complete coverage for a horse farm including:
•Property insurance to cover your home and contents, barns, sheds, owned machinery, equipment, tack and livestock.
•Liability insurance to cover your home and your horse operation, on and off premises, including such operations as: boarding, breeding, racing, training, horse shows, and riding instruction.
Coverage & Limits highlights:
• Up to $1 million liability limit available.
• liability available for owner occupied dwellings.
• Choose from basic, broad, or special coverage options
for all property.
• Various property deductibles available
Increased limits available for contents and loss of use
based on value of dwelling.
• Liability limits of $300,000 to $1 million.
General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability
per occurrence limit.
• Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off
premises in the U.S, Canada, and U.S. territories.
• Provides bodily injury and property damage limits.
• Fire legal liability $100,000 (in most states).
• Medical payments $5,000.
Limited professional liability coverage for horse trainers,
riding instructors, and clinicians.
• Personal/advertising injury included.
• Products/completed operations included.
• No liability deductible.
• Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit.
• ATV/golf cart coverage available for equine operations.
• Participants coverage for horse shows.
• Horse sales coverage.
• Disruption of farming (loss of income due to covered cause of loss to a stable or barn).
• Livestock coverage (named perils up to $2,000 per head).
Coverage for scheduled jewelry, fine art, guns,
sports equipment, etc.
• Animal collision.
• Systems breakdown.
• Sign and entrance gate coverage up to $5,000.
• Excess and umbrella liability (with limits up to $10 million).
Care, custody and control coverage
Owning your own horse is a significant emotional and financial investment. Accepting the responsibility of caring for someone else’s cherished and valuable animal is also no small task. And since standard insurers don’t fully understand the risks you undertake when caring for the horses of others, most general liability policies don’t include this special coverage
With CC&C, you’re covered if an animal in your care is injured, becomes ill or dies, and you are found negligent. This does not apply to horses you own or lease.
Mortality insurance is designed for those needs. CC&C provides:
a) Defense and court costs for litigation, and payment
for judgements up to the aggregate policy amount
(per animal limit applies)
b) $10,000 liability limit for non-owned horse equipment
c) No deductible applies
d) Available by endorsement to your general liability
or Farm policy